This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Limitation of conversion to 640x480

Topics: Converters and Runtime
Jan 25, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I have tried out SharpVectors recently because I was in need to display SVG images within a WPF application.

The bounding box of my SVG images is quite large around 2048x2048. After using the conversion API (SvgFileReader.Read(stream)) to convert my SVG into a DrawingGroup, I found out that the image is cut off, only part of the original SVG visible.

I examined the source code I located a few spots with hard coded dimensions of 640x480 in the converters and runtime assemblies, without the possibility to adjust the rendersize in any way.

So here comes my question: What is the reason for that?

BTW: I increased the dimensions by modifing the source and everything worked fine afterwards.

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 8:42 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the information. While was a need to define an initial dimension for computations,
since the actual dimension of the SVG is not know until rendered, similar to rendering in a control. 

However, I have so far not experienced any problem with this. I currently do not have any SVG editing
tool. If you can, please create a sample image of the dimension having the problem and send it to me for
testing. You can contact me through the Codeplex profile.

Or attach it to the work item

http://sharpvectors.codeplex.com/workitem/853

Best regards,
Paul.